Rustic elegance and stunning details come together as
Jenny and Kendra tie the knot at the
Hulbert Outdoor Center in Fairlee, Vermont.
As wedding planners, we aren’t often caught catching our breath but this destination barn wedding did just that.
Jenny and Kendra met at camp here years ago and decided it would be the perfect place to celebrate their future life together. We couldn’t agree more!
We think Kendra’s father and mother also enjoyed the weekend:
Anne and I are both back in Boston for the first time since the wedding, so we wanted to sit down together immediately and tell you what a fabulous job you did for all of us.
We now fully recognize how unrealistic our initial expectations were for what would be required to produce the kind of destination wedding that we wanted. But you helped us through the process, you listened to what we wanted, and you corralled an enormous group of vendors from all corners of New England to work together seamlessly.
Who would have thought that a “barn” wedding would be so much more complicated than one in a more typical venue? Every detail, every piece of equipment, every service, every element of decor had to be planned and procured as if it had never been done before, and yet you found people to take care of everything. From the rehearsal dinner, to the Saturday activities, to the wedding ceremony (the “Chapel in the Woods” looked absolutely spectacular!), to the cocktail tent & hors oeuvres, to the reception (with the gorgeous table decorations, delicious food, and totally rockin’ band), not to speak of the wildly dramatic fireworks – the entire weekend was completely magical.
We could not possibly be more thrilled or more appreciative of your help in making it all possible. We have received dozens of cards and emails from family and friends saying how much fun it was, how much they felt a part of our family, and how clearly this wedding reflected Kendra and Jenny’s love for each other and for their guests. Their marriage is off to a fabulous start, with their first hours overflowing with joy.
Thank you, we will forever be grateful.
Anne and Marc”
So you think that says it all?
Here are some added highlights from this Ah-mazing weekend:
Rehearsal dinner details:
- Authentic sourdough crust cooked pizza from Woodbelly Pizza in a blazing hot wood-fired oven with local/organic veggies and meats
- After dinner, guests were then invited to an outdoor amphitheater for a blazing 20-foot high bonfire replete with s’mores and hot dogs on a stick and a canoe stocked with beer, wine and soft drinks
- Camp activities! A ropes course, archery, canoeing, kayaking, paddle boarding, and more!
- Guests were treated to a traditional camp lunch of grilled cheese sandwiches, Reuben’s and tomato soup
- Ceremony at “Chapel in the Woods”: a magical spot in the woods transformed with ecru silk fabric curtains, giant planters containing curly willow, greens and flowers and lanterns dotting the landscape and hanging in trees everywhere
- Cocktail tent featured:
- Chile rubbed jumbo shrimp with avocado dipping sauce
- Zucchini corn fritter with spicy aioli
- Mini grilled flatbreads with caramelized onions, roasted squash and VT blue cheese
- Prosciutto wrapped mozzarella canapé with basil puree and slow roasted tomatoes
- Jenny and Kendra’s favorite cocktail- the “Jendra”- Cava with a splash of St. Germain and a blackberry garnish
- Reception highlights
- Pine branches covering the walls of the barn with uplights to enhance the rustic decor
- After dinner, Jenny and Kendra surprised guests with a choreographed dance to Beyonce’s ‘Crazy in Love’
- Magnificent fireworks display with white and gold shells
- Family style desserts on walnut boards showcased:
- mini apple crumb tartlets
- warm mulled cider sips
- VT maple cookies
- bamboo cones with fresh berries
- cappuccino brownie bites
- dulce de leche cheesecake bites
- Grand Finale: After guests got their second wind, the evening ended with another magnificent bonfire party at the amphitheater with s’mores, caramel corn and homemade hard cider
THANK YOU to all the fantastic vendors who made this weekend nothing short of spectacular!
• Fluid Bar Service
• Tara Pollio Floral Event Design
• Rain or Shine Tent and Events
• Peterson Party Center
• Night Rhythm featuring Monica and Bryan
• ARS MAGNA STUDIO
• Northstar Fireworks
• The Brocade Blackbird
• Kevin Jacobus Photography and Videography
• Wedding Tresses
• Hulbert Outdoor Center